Wednesday, September 23, 2009

9-23-2009 633 Blog

So now i've 'fudged' around with Second Life a little bit, and we've talked about WWFSS? (What would Frank Smith Say?) about the first and second essential question. I would like to think more of the NOW aspects and how to move forward with my life. How do I learn NOW? At work, I learn from my co-workers, what they have to say, and how they do things. We are independent for the most part and do not share the same projects, but however we interpret the same Corporate Policies and Procedures. (Same but different) How do I learn from school? Well, our cadre is almost self run, with input from our professors. They 'stimulate' or stir the pot, and then the ingredients 'naturally' co-mingle and do their little chemical reactions then whoa-la...we have a dish. We generally try to cook at least once or twice a week. =)

We also learn from the environment, who we run into, what we see, how we interpret certain stimuli. So we do learn from each other, as well as learn from ourselves. I can sit here and 'browse' the web all by myself and learn from it. I can pick up a book, read it and learn from 'it'. Now we can say that SOMEONE wrote the book, so i'm learning from someone else...(fair to say) I guess I can 'read' instructions on how to make a paper airplane, and then eventually make one myself..or just experiment with a piece of paper, and make an airplane by myself..it's the NOW aspect of learning im interested in remember? I've learned what an airplane is, so I can 'improvise' on it.

I hope to see things in the gray, but sometimes it's not a 'bad' thing to see things as black or white. I just need to figure out when to do this and when not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment