Thursday, October 8, 2009

633 10-8-2009 Blog

So after all the headaches, I finally posted my 'Community of Practice' (CoP) project online. I lost the last slide, but i'll keep on plugging so I can do it 'right' Working with the volunteers was fun, and it was for a great cause. (South Coast Children's Society) We gardened, and painted the exterior and interior of the home. The children were taken to 'Raging Waters' (a waterpark) while the volunteers did their work.

It was a great experience for me. I realized that people that have nothing in common can come together for 1 cause, and then help each other out. They plowed, shoveled, painted, weeded etc. Sometimes you can't even get that participation from your own Family or Friends!! Strange....why is that? =) Besides that point, I felt that even without a supervisor, teacher, head honcho, people with experience were leading those without much experience, and those who were handy in other areas helped all those who weren't so handy. Even the younger children came out not really knowing why they were there, but knew that it was for somewhat of a good cause. The indirect learning and direct learning was evident. Everyone helped each other out, instructed each other and made it a successful morning of comeing together as a whole community, and making it better for those who were not so fortunate.

MT

No comments:

Post a Comment