Thursday, December 3, 2009

633 Blog for 12/3/2009

I've given some thought to my project and am a little stumped on what to do. I do want to either do 1. ZPD (Zone of Proximal Development) or Vygotsky's other (amongst many) theory of Play. The ZPD I could creat an action plan of (something) and then have a person look by the plan and do the work by themselves, and note how they perform the plan without assistance from anyone. Perhaps I can do this with Volleyball? Write down how to play, and give the person instructions on how to do so? Record them? Then with my help, see how the learner do with my specific help.

Secondly, the Psychology of play. Less known is Vygotsky's research on play, or children's games, as a psychological phenomenon and its role in the child's development. Through play the child develops abstract meaning separate from the objects in the world, which is a critical feature in the development of higher mental functions. I was hoping to do the project and use this theory of 'play' so that I can record this somehow (my niece?)

I am leaning towards the ZPD. I need to figure this out soon!

MT

No comments:

Post a Comment