Thursday, December 10, 2009

633 Learning Theory Blog for 12/10/2009

My final project will be in Second Life. I've decided to create something that would depict my Learning Theorist. I was trying to make a 'Targetesque" object in Second Life and found it hard to align the rings. Nick M and I was trying to tweak it, but ultimately, if I changed locations, or camera angles, the object would be all misaligned. Although it's a 3d object, I can not make it right. Perhaps I need to upload a picture of the object or "Target" and then "play" with it as Vygotsky would say. I did take a snapshot of what it looked like (or should look like) from the frontal angle. So it was supposed to represent the 4 stages of the Zones of Proximal Development.

Stage 1, children rely on others for outside regulation of task performance.

In stage 2, the learner takes over the rules and responisbilities of both mediator and learner, and the tasks are carried out without assistance.

Stage 3 internalizes and automatizes the task, and performance is "fossilized", according to Vygotsky. This is the "once you know it, you know it forever" stage.

Stage 4 addresses de-automatization and recursion, These occur so regularly, that they need to be incorporated into the developmental process.

To be continued this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment