Monday, May 17, 2010

668 Blog for Week of May 17th 2010

Understanding the learning context for change, Part 1. How do we know what learning is necessary within ourselves and those impacted by the change?

I've been involved in conversations with co-workers, friends, family and even strangers. I can definitely tell you that I've learned alot from the aformentioned group of people. BUT there comes a time when I DO NOT know what the heck they are talking about and I feel a sense of unworthyness, uncomfortable-ness and unworthyness. When I feel that way, (which I hope is not often) I deem learning upon the subject is necessary. I hate the feeling of being lost or unable to contribute to a conversation or to work at the office. The world out there is an abundance of information and we just need to reach out there and grasp it.

Another example that I would like to bring out are times where I need to fix something. It may be a faucet, a tire, changing the oil, replacing the propane etc. I feel the need to do it myself and learn it myself so that I never have to ask anyone how to do it ever again. I love being self-sufficient.

For those who are impacted by my change. Hrm..I believe that it's for the better quite honestly. When I better myself, I think that I make it better for those around me. If I can fix all the things i've mentioned, then you should benefit from that. If i've learned how to be more effective and efficient at work, then my company would most definitely benefit from the change.

Granted all change is not for the positive. If I was to change negatively, then that would indeed negatively affect my peers, family and friends. Let's just hope that I never change for the worse, and let's keep on thinking of being a positive agent for change and leadership!!

No comments:

Post a Comment